Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy World Nutella Day!

Today is World Nutella Day!  I'm a big fan of Michelle Fabio's Bleeding Espresso blog and the peperoncino and Nutella cake she cooked up sounds fabulous.  I did a very restrained celebration, with Nutella and Kedem biscuits (they are a bit like Petit Beurre).  I may make Nutella Bread tomorrow - it looks yummy.

I also searched for the Italian version of Nutella, which apparently tastes differently. It has been a couple years since I tasted the genuine article.  I'm working on finding it here in Houston. No luck at Phoencia, my go-to grocery for international foods. However perhaps I can get to Spec's downtown to check out their stock this coming week. 

For those who are interested in a little more history, here is the Wikipedia link and the Ferrero (Italian) link

No comments:

AddThis

Bookmark and Share