We both look so young! Dad was still in medical school, and I was maybe 6 months old? Not sure. My mom took the picture. She told me that at one time, they had $0.13 in the bank. But they never skimped on photos - there are quite a few that have survived the years so I suppose there were even more.
My dad... well... what can anyone really say about their dad?
- Special, of course!
- Dedicated, hard-working, smart, tells a great story, kind, funny, quietly courageous, and humble.
- Known world-wide for his scientific endeavors (although you wouldn't hear it from him).
- Speaks French fluently, and I'm sure his Kikongo, Swahili, Lingala, and German would brush right up with some use.
- Even in his retirement he still works to better the lives of those suffering from tropical diseases.
- Together with my mom, he has raised 4 kids who all managed to succeed in their various ways.
I feel so lucky to be their daughter. Thanks Dad and Mom!