- How to Use the Amazon Kindle (Steven Windwalker, 2008)
- Beyond the Literary-Industrial Complex (Steven Windwalker, 2008)
- You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty (Mehmet Oz, 2007)
- The Holy Bible King James Version
- The Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce,1911)
- Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth and Get Rich Trying (David Bach, 2008)
- First Footsteps in East Africa (Sir Richard S. Burton, 1880's?)
- Delizia! (John Dickie, 2000)
- Freakonomics (Stephen Levitt, 2006)
- The Meditations (Marcus Aurelius)
- Travels in the Interior Districts of Africa (Mungo Park, written in 1790's)
- Bloodchild (Octavia Butler)
- Practice Makes Perfect: Italian Vocabulary (Daneila Gobetti, 2007)
- Italian Popular Tales (Thomas Frederick Crane)
- CIA World Factbook - Complete Edition. Detailed information and maps for over 270 countries (Mobile Reference, 2007)
In addition I have subscribed to these periodicals:
- Analog Science Fiction
- Asimov's Science Fiction
- Reader's Digest
And one blog... Tetrapod Zoology.
These reading materials would obviously not easily fit in any carry-on bag, or briefcase, much less a purse. And yet I can read any of them anytime I want, just by pulling it out of my purse. The Kindle is convenient, easy to read, and conserves paper. It gives me access to the reading materials I prefer. I think it fits very well into A Normal Life!
What do you think? Is the Kindle worth buying? Would you use it?